Friday, November 25, 2011

Where has all the snow gone?


So here we are in the final stages of  November and still like no snow on the ground. We have only had it snow a couple of times. And just about each time it will snow and then melt by that afternoon. While I am grateful that we don't have snow and that it has been prolonged this much longer, it is just weird that we live in Rexburg.... okay let me say that again.... REXBURG.. and we don't have snow on the ground. It has been like the longest time that I know of that we haven't had snow. Every year that we have lived here that has been TONS of snow on the ground by now.
Okay so right now here is what is going on in our lives. Steve is about to graduate from college. Like in 3 weeks-ish. He graduates on December 16. SO CLOSE! So far, we don't have any job offers yet, which is a little concerning to me because we are so close to being done. Steve is looking for jobs in California, mostly in the San Jose area. Both sets of parents want us to come and live down in Texas when we are done with school so that we can save some money. I agree but disagree at the same time. We would save money yes, but at the same time, if we went down to Texas we would lose the jobs that we have right now. Steve gets to work at the financial aid office until the middle of January. 40 hours a week. So that would save us a million dollars. Not literally but it will make the moving process easier. Also we wouldn't want to move from Idaho to Texas to California. It would be a lot of moving in a short amount of time. We don't exactly know how much time frame we are looking at. The job market is going up and down so that makes me nervous. I also don't know what I am going to do about Christmas. I don't plan on setting up because I don't know how long we are going to be here. I mean will we be here and want to set up and have time to set up and take down and everything for the Holidays before we move. But what if we don't? What if we are moving soon after Christmas or even before? I have no clue what to do. SO that is life right now. Still going still moving. Loving life. Learning new things everyday.
Oh yeah, I am now babysitting Josie's baby again. Miss Presley. She is adorable. Josie got a job being a manager at Aspin Village I think. So I watch Presley like 40 hours a week-ish. So that is income coming in plus the other kids that I babysit. So while Steve is working I will be working too saving up that money for an apartment in California when we get a job. Yay!

No comments:

Post a Comment