Sunday, January 17, 2010

Additions

So, it has been requested that I share some additions to the blog. Especially concerning Dad and I's trip back home. Particularly about picking up those guys just outside of Quanah, Texas. (Quanah is about 350 miles outside of Dallas) Well, here goes:
We were driving along and we see this car pulled over on the side of the road. Dad was driving, so he wasted no time in getting over to the side of the road in order to help. I look and I see that there are two men there, no women or small children running around. Dad gets out and goes to see if he can help. I sit there and I'm thinking that if Dad can't help (which it doesn't look like he's doing, he's just standing there, talking) then I definitely can't help. Also, I'm thinking of all the horrible things that people do to people who stop to help on the side of the road. So, I keep checking back to make sure that Dad is still upright and not sprawled on the side of the road with a bullet hole through him somewhere. Another thing going through my mind is that both our phones are dead and so I can't call 911 just in case Dad does get himself shot. I suppose I could have moved to the driver's side in order to make a quick exit, leaving Dad behind to fend for himself. However, if it had come to this, I'm sure Dad would already be bleeding and dying on the side of the road. Then, Dad came back into the car and said that we needed to make room for the two men whose car they were abandoning on the side of the road. This we did, then the men came in. Only one of them could speak English, the other was totally Spanish-speaking. Once they were in the car, all my thoughts of danger vanished. I knew that Dad would not have invited them in if he thought there was even the remote possibility of something bad happening. I felt so comfortable with them there that I fell asleep for most of the way home. This just illustrates my ridiculous nature.

No comments:

Post a Comment