Tuesday, January 12, 2010

New Internet and other unrelated events

Hey all, this is Bekah. Note that I did not say "Y'all", but rather, hey all. Just for my Yankee relatives who happen to read this. :p
So, Dad and I got safely back home to Texas last Friday night/Saturday morning. Let me tell you all about it. So, we left the funeral (Aunt Ardell died) on Wednesday in Preston, ID and went up to Idaho Falls to collect my school stuff that Aunt Bea was gracious enough to store for me. We left her house just after 6pm (maybe 6:30 or closer to 7) and went to Ogden. Then, we loaded up the van that I bought from Gramma and Grampa earlier that morning and got some food from Gramma and then hit the road again. We arrived in Springville just before 1am, and boy was that great! Joe was asleep on the floor directly in front of the door and Leah was asleep in bed. Funny stuff. Then, the next morning (Thursday I believe), while Dad was taking Joe to school and Leah to the grocery store (I was playing with Cannon and Jonas), the check engine light came on. So, we stayed there all morning, and Leah and I actually switched cars, so now Joe and Leah have the van and I have the Taurus. We left Springville at about 1-1:30pm and then Dad got lost trying to get to the canyon that we leave Springville out of. We stopped for directions in Spanish Fork and met some nice people. Then we headed to Denver. We stopped for the night in Longmont, CO at the home of my friend, Vanessa. Longmont is about 45 minutes north of Denver. Friday morning we woke up just before 9, so an early start just didn't happen. we went thru Denver (again) at about 10:30 and headed south on 25. We stopped in a little town called Las Vegas in New Mexico. Dad wanted to make sure that I knew how to do stuff like check tire pressure, oil levels and transmission fluid levels. Then, we got lunch. Then, Dad did a crazy u-turn into oncoming traffic. Scary! Then, outside of Quanah, Texas, there was a car pulled over and so Dad stopped to help. We were there for about 15-20 minutes and then the guys who were in the car got into our car and we drove them to Dallas. We dropped them off at the Jack-in-the-Box right by our house. We finally arrived home just after 2am Saturday morning. Also, our phones all died before we even got to Las Vegas, NM so Gramma was freaking out. But it's all good. Ooh. I have got to get going.
I love you all!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment