Friday, August 7, 2009

Spring Cleaning?... in August

Okay so this week I had off from work so I had the "bright" idea to clean my house while I am home this week. I mean like really clean it. Deep down, cleaning mopboards, scrubbing tubs, that kind of clean that you always dread when you're a kid and it starts to come around to the spring time of year that most houses refer to as the dreaded Spring Cleaning. Well, I hate it now as much as I did then, but the difference is that it is my house now and it is only going to get done if I do it. How is that fair? I hate the deep down cleaning part, but then once it's all done, it looks great, if you can keep it up. I mean there is no use to cleaning your house if you're just going to let it get all dirty again. I have that problem sometimes. I clean the house on Saturday and then get lazy and don't keep it up during the week to just come around and have to work hard to clean it all over again on Saturday. So, so far I have done the bathroom, office(kinda), and the bedroom. The office is only kinda done, because that is Steve's domain and I don't want to put stuff somewhere that I won't remember that he needs. So I figure he can help(a lot) with that one. I did the baby stuff in there. That should count for something shouldn't it? We have a lot of baby stuff that I don't know where to put. And that most likely won't change when the baby comes. But I am taking a break right now. I cleaned the walls, mop-boards, closet, door, all switches/plug-ins of any kind in that room, dresser, window sill, and whatever else you can think of in the bedroom today and I am doing laundry at the same time. I found some sheets on the floor in our bedroom and don't know if they are clean or dirty, so I am washing them. All the laundry is, hopefully, getting done today. I am walking around in pajamas so that my clothes can get washed. It is sad, I have to keep putting my clothes that don't or won't fit me anymore while I am pregnant in a bag in the closet and my clothes keep thinning out. Ignore the punn... I thought it was funny. I might have to resort to my old ways pretty soon and become the baggy jeans, t-shirt girl. I will have to do my hair so that I don't completely become my old Junior High School self again. Oh good times...
Last night, Steve and I decided to go to bed a little early. I wanted to play with the baby. So I laid down on my back in bed and got a flashlight. For those of you who haven't done this, I reccomend doing it. It is soooo much fun. We shined the flashlight right on my belly and moved it around a little bit. I think Caleb was a little shocked by this because he didn't know what to do. Then we put some music on, he really likes to dance to fast music. Anyways we put the music on and Steve was in charge of the flashlight, he has in one hand and the other he has on my belly trying to feel him move around. Steve just starts talking to Caleb telling him what to do and singing along with the music. And then Caleb does exactly what Steve tells him to do. And he starts dancing and kicking and just having a ball with the light and the music. Steve and I had so much fun doing that last night. It was great! We will have to do it again sometime so that we can get more and more aquainted with our little guy. Oh yea, so we really like the name Caleb and are pretty sure that is what we will name him. FUN!!! I will be 6 months pregnant in a week from Sunday! YEA! That means the 3rd trimester here we come! The ladies at work are throwing me a baby shower on August 31. I am very excited! Well have a great week guys and have fun during the school break!
Sara and Steve

No comments:

Post a Comment