Sunday, August 2, 2009

Poor Car...

So they say that bad things happen in threes so maybe we will be okay maybe with our next car... so to update you guys, on Friday the 31st of July I was in a car accident. My first one ever. What happened was, I was on my way home from work at the dentist's office in Idaho Falls and on the highway when this car to the right and just ahead of me started pulling into my lane. I was at his back tires so most likely in his blind spot. He forced me off the road into the median, I was coming back onto the highway and must have hit the gravel wrong and started going out of control. I spun and hit a car that was merging onto the highway. My car, or rather John's car looks like when you cook lasagna and have to bend the foil on top before you put it into the oven. The hood looks like that and the bumper is broken. Kinda looks like a smooshed something from the front end. The car doors still open just fine, but I don't want to drive the car on account that it's hard to see the road and when you turn right, the left hand tire scrapes against the body of the car. The other car basically what happened is the bumper fell off. Lucky them. So John's car is done for now. We have to take it to the shop and get it fixed. The insurance company is coming out tomorrow to assess the car and see what we can do about it.
About a rental. John's coverage doesn't cover a rental so we can only get a rental car if the guy who forced me off the road insurance claims liability and says that it was his fault. So if so, then they owe us a rental while ours is undriveable and in the shop. He got a citation for unsafe lane change so hopefully they will say that it is his fault and they won't fight it. That is what we are hoping for.
Steve and I are doing okay right now. My lower back is absolutely killing me and has been all day long. We have tried everything, from different positions to a bean sock(like a rice sock) and massages, and medicine, and stretching. I don't know what else to do. Any suggestions? I hate how much it hurts. I guess that this is part of being pregnant. This must be the sucky part and the uncomfortable part that everyone keeps telling me to get ready for. Well, if something were to happen I guess this week is the best for it to happen because I have this week off from work and Steve's last day at Wal-Mart is on Monday!!! I am so excited!!! I will have a sleeping buddy again! I won't be alone at night! My hubby and I can eat together again! It's like going from single life to married life then back to single and now we are back to the married part! YEA!!!
Steve felt our little Caleb move a couple of times now. That is the name we are pretty set on for our little man, but we aren't positive yet. He was so excited the first time that he felt him move. And each time he is but it's always coolest the first time. Well, I guess I will talk to you all later and see you next year! LOVE YA!
Sara

2 comments:

  1. so sorry to hear about your accident! I'm so happy that you are ok though, I will keep you in my prayers. Love you

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh Sara! I'm so glad you weren't hurt more and that Little One is okay as well! I'm so glad that Steve is done working at nights. I sure love you!
    Bekah

    ReplyDelete