Saturday, September 26, 2009

Cannon loves to splash!
And walk! All of the great things that you've heard about are finally officially documented.
hope you enjoy them as much as we enjoy taking them. Oh, and you might want to turn the volume a little bit down for the walking one... Leah was a little bit closer to the mic than I think that she thought.



Yeah, the splashing video really doesn't do it justice. I was serious when I said that half of the water was gone. I think we have Butterfly in our future.
Oh, and by the way, Cannon walked all the way home after that second video. That's like 4 blocks. He's such a stud!

So, now for the boring part: news from me (Joe). I just got back from Baylor, and my interviews there seemed to go very well. One in particular went so well that I had to do a full arm-pumping "Yesssss!" as soon as the door was shut (or at least I thought it was...). For my part, I was very impressed with Baylor. I was absolutely blown away by the medical complex there. I believe that Baylor has access to 6000 beds. Most large universities might have 600. And each hospital was ranked first in something nationwide; best cancer center, best trauma center, etc. I left feeling like it would be hard to even consider buying a plane ticket to anywhere else for interviews if I receive an offer of acceptance from Baylor, especially since it would be much closer to family :) I was put up with a former BYU student who is now a fourth-year medical student at Baylor. His name is Shane, and he is going into Emergency medicine. I got the low-down from him about how family-friendly Baylor is, and how to work the system properly. I also got to see David, Jasmine, and Ben Hall, my siblings (in law), and their little boy is absolutely adorable. Picture a slightly darker Cannon + afro. Seriously cute kid. In all, it was a phenomenal trip, but it's good to be home to help take care of Cannon. Apparently he had a very rough night last night and is now on antibiotics trying to get over whatever has been in his system for the past few weeks. Anyway, I love you guys! Hope you're all having a great day, and we'll do our best to start using that video camera more :)
Love ya,
Joe

2 comments:

  1. are non-nelsons allowed to post?
    love the videos----so cute and funny....here's hoping the Lord listens to our entire prayer....you get invitations to multiple schools...IN TEXAS!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Joe! that's great that you liked that school so much! I hope things work out well for you with that. Cannon is WAY too cute1 I just love that little guy!

    ReplyDelete