Monday, September 28, 2009

"fall" in texas

Hi everybody!!!!
my life has slowed down a little & I'm feeling guilty for taking so long to write but here I am :)
primary has kept me a little busy--we had a Great 2 B 8! party last Sunday for the kids who are turning 8 before the end of the year (an hour after a lady I visit teach was baptized) & then we took the primary to the temple (dallas) on Sat. afternoon (a couple of hours before the Gen. Relief Society meeting). all activities were very cool & I enjoyed them very much. I love working with the primary. children are the best!!! and the lady who was baptized is wonderful. she has been looking & preparing for all of her life & she is so happy. she lives just down the street from us & has no car, so we get to transport her various places & have a good time.
In between all that we picked Camille up from the airport Fri. nite & took her to see Will etc. for a few minutes & then to her hotel in Arlington. She's here for the Cowboy's game tonite & will go back home on Friday. Will's boys are so cute. Jake is talking in full sentences & being a big brother (a little bossy). they have a little black kitten that he plays with--he has a little fishing pole with a fish that he dangles for the cat & she plays with it. so cute. Blaze is walking & says "kank you". he has hair like his dad's, only black--which means that it looks like he has little feathers sticking up on top of his head. very thick & fine. he's a lover & has the longest eyelashes known to man (or woman).
Sat. morning Kevin & I went for a nice bike ride (about 9 or 10 miles) & had a great time. the weather has been milder lately & I really enjoy being able to be outside without suffering from either the heat or the humidity. So I'll enjoy this while it lasts. today I have the windows open & the air conditioner off. yay!!! I have a little herb garden on my patio & I really enjoy sitting out there. the green is nice.
the swine flu seems to be over at our house. Rachel is back at school & seminary & Bekah is out of bed today--dressed & functioning. not 100% but probably 75% or so. good times.
Rachel has now turned down her first date invite since we moved (as far as I know). she was asked to homecoming, but refused since she was just getting back from the flu. homecoming here is a big deal. the kids got out of school at 1:30, there was a parade at 4, a football game (all on Fri.) & then a dance on Sat. nite. . . where I grew up we had alll of the above & each class made a float for the parade. so did seminary. it was fun. I'm sorry Rachel missed it, but if we're here next year she can indulge then :)
we went on a bike ride a couple of weeks ago & rode around whiterock lake (about 10 miles) with the girls & the dog. the dog made it a couple of miles before she started riding (she was tired). it was a little on the warm side, but we had a lot of fun. we rode around the lake & then ate a picnic lunch. I took a couple of pictures, but I'll do better next time. I forgot to take the camera on the ride, so next time I'll get one of the dog riding. it's too funny. I'm trying to get so I can ride at least 20 miles w/o saddness to my body. we are still planning on the bike trip next summer. . .so all who want to go, prepare.
hugs to everybody. mom :)

1 comment:

  1. what bike trip? How come I didn't know about this? Are you excluding us Idahoians just because we live in Idaho?

    ReplyDelete