Saturday, October 10, 2009

So, dum-da-de-dum! I finally have a job!!!! I started work on Monday and got my first paycheck yesterday! What is this job, may you ask? Well, I'll tell you: baby-sitting. It's the job I've done most in my life and will probably continue to be that way. I know I'll be doing a lot of it starting in January when I get to spend some quality time with my soon-to-be-born nephew Caleb! That makes me so happy! The kids I watch are Barrett who is almost 3, and Charlotte, who is 8 months. Barrett is just being potty-trained so I have lots of fun times with him and the bathroom. On Monday it was the hardest day EVER. I came home and asked Mom how I was going to be a mother. Tuesday was a little better, but Barrett had the biggest almost to the toilet disaster I've ever seen. He didn't get his pants and undies down all the way before he started pooping. There was poo all over that bathroom and all over his clothes. I put him in the tub and commenced to cleaning up the rest of the world. As soon as I looked in the bathroom, I put Charlotte down for her nap. I thought it was the best time possible for her to be out of the picture. And guess what? She actually slept! Just long enough for me to clean everything up. It was perfect timing. Then on Wednesday he had a pee accident, just didn't make it to the bathroom quick enough. Thursday was the first day he EVER wore one pair of undies all day long! Friday I only had a half-day, but he was good there. Except he throw a stick at me and it cut me on the forehead. Charlotte is so cute! She has two little teeth on the bottom and she has the gummiest, cutest little smile. She has just started standing. She always needs somebody to be paying attention to her. That's her only downside. She eats a TON of food-she eats more than Barrett does usually. Well, I guess that's all you would wanna know about those cute kids I watch, since you don't know them and you probably just don't care all that much. But that's it. That's my life.

Oh! This weekend Joe and Cannon are here! Cannon is SO cute! He walks with support and it is so adorable to watch grandfather and baby walk together. His teeth are so big and he has so many of them! He's still just a watermelon head, but I don't know how he could help that. Jake and Blaze came over today. Will and Rushella have been sick and Will needed to go to the hospital, so the boys came to us. Blaze had a fever and was just so sick. It was so hard to just have him be in my arms not feeling good, not able to do anything to help him get better. Jake was fine, just a small cough. We quarantined the boys into Rach and I's room, keeping Cannon in the front room and sleeping in the sewing room. Jake kept trying to leave, he just didn't understand why we were keeping him in there. It all worked out, though. I really hope that Blaze gets better. Oh, and Will and Rushella too, of course.

Love you!
Bekah
Smile Sunshine!

No comments:

Post a Comment