Sunday, July 5, 2009

our trip home

So, this is my first post. Feel free to welcome me into the 21st century :) we had such a great time with all of our family, I just wish we had an airplane--or could waft places so the travel didn't take up so much of the time we could have been playing with someone. . . anyway, each day was great & I wish we could have spent more time (just another complaint about Kevin working during all of his vacation. . .) now I'm done.
I'm sad that Rachel is sick & away from home, but I appreciate her sisters (& Steve) taking such good care of her when I can't be there. the mom is supposed to take care of you when you're sick, so it's hard to be so far away from your children when they need help. thanks for stepping in & showing how great you understand how a family works :)
our trip home was great. thanx for all your prayers in our behalf. there was little traffic after we left Price (Utah) -- just more congested around the bigger cities & just a bit of rain here & there. travelling on the 4th turned out to be a great idea. just outside of Oklahoma City we picked up a young man who needed a ride (when I say "we" I mean Kevin invited him & I supported my husband by not declining). His appearance was just what you would expect from someone who was hitchhiking for several days & he was not very articulate. we had stopped for gas & since I was driving we headed over to sonic for breakfast. he sat in the back with mia (I don't think he shared his hamburger, but I was driving so I could have missed it). Kevin talked to him for the hour he was with us & his story was a sad one = 26, divorced, 6 yr. old son that he hasn't seen for 3 months. .., no job, all his things "taken" by his own father. he likes to golf, but didn't really seem too interested in having a job of any kind if he could get by without one. no idea why his wife wanted to leave & was reluctant to have him see his son. not really into the "Jesus thing" . Kevin tried to share the gospel with him, but he ended up just telling him that letting God be a part of his life had mad all the difference. how rite he is. knowing who you are, where you came from & where you're going makes all the difference. I'm so thankful for the gospel in my life. there is nothing better than seeing your children gain a testimony & sharing the blessings of the priesthood and the temple with them. you guys (& gals) are the best & I'm so grateful for each of you in our family. all of you are amazing & I love you.
Primary was great, but I'm just too unorganized for my comfort. so, I'll spend this next week getting things done & cleaning carpets in the apt. (they cleaned them when we moved in, but. . .) in sharing time today we built a house (lincoln logs) & dug a trench around it (symbolizing family prayer). next week we'll build a fence (popsicle sticks = fam. scripture study) & then the watchtowers (paper cups = family home evening). we are strengthening our families so satan can't get in so easily :) saturday we have a primary swimming party. wish me luck.
well, Kevin is asleep in the chair, so it must be time for bed. hugs--mom :)

No comments:

Post a Comment