Sunday, July 5, 2009

these are a few of my favorite things from our vacation

Can you say "twirling ballarena"? Yellowstone was great!

Hi everyone, this is dad (Kevin - as there are multiple "dads")
I just wanted to write to tell everyone how good it was to all be together this past couple weeks!! It was so fun to see you all.

I really enjoyed going up to Rexburg to see Steve & Sara's; and Bekah's apartments. It gives you a good feeling as a parent to be able to picture where your kids are.

I loved spending time with Cannon! What a happy little boy he is, I just can't get too much of his grins and squeels when you call his name and play with him. I'm really looking forward to the next two additions this fall - what a great blessing it is to see our little family grow.

It was great to spend more time with Leah and Steve - thank you both so much for marrying into our family and being willing to join this group of strange people - FOR EVER! It is so cool that as a parent you love your children's spouce's just as if they were your own. It's no wonder that as kids grow up in the family they have to be taght which aunt or uncle is by birth and which by marriage. The bonds of the priesthood that unite the in-laws into the family are the exact same as those that unite parents to children, so all have equal rights and priviledges. I hope I worded that so you can understand what I mean.

I think my favorite part of the vacation was the father's blessings that were given and received. What an amazing thing it is to have the priesthood on the earth, and the prophetic power that can come from the righteous exercize of it. I gave Joe a blessing before his MCAT exam, then I gave John a blessing prior to his leaving, and then I received a father's blessing from my dad just before we left to drive back to Texas. Each of those blessings was unique and prophetic and powerful.

I love you all!


No comments:

Post a Comment